AIA Annual Scholarship
AIA’s scholarship program awards performers on an annual basis for both academic and extracurricular achievements. Scholarship applications are judged on the following criteria: academic excellence, school and community involvement, a letter of recommendation and a personal essay. The AIA scholarship committee with review all applications and select students who stand out in qualities of academic, artistic, and personal achievements. The number of scholarships and the monetary value varies from year to year. Typically, AIA awards at least 8 scholarships (4 North and 4 South) at a minimum of $500 per scholarship.
Applications for the Scholarships must be submitted online through a Google Form
NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2020.
Scan, attach and email all documents possible. Recommendation and transcripts not able to be scanned should be mailed to:
Atlantic Indoor Association
PO Box 2929
Sanford, NC 27331
Attn: Scholarship Committee.
All required paperwork must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2020. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- Completed Online Application
- Official Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation
Applications must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
1. The recipient must be in his/her senior year of high school or already attending a college/university.
2. The recipient must show an accumulated unweighted GPA of no less than 3.0.
3. Awards may be used to fund a variety of post secondary activities including two and four year colleges and vocational programs.
4. The recipient must be an active marching member of a unit who will compete in the current seasons AIA Circuit Championships.
Scholarship awards will be announced during the awards ceremonies at AIA Circuit Championships.
Scholarship(s) granted will be paid after January 1 of the following year and are granted for one year only.
Scholarship awards are paid directly to their recipients secondary institution of choice and not directly to recipient. Scholarship recipients will receive a form via email after Jan. 1st to collect information for disbursement to their secondary institution.