AIA Annual Scholarship Application and Requirements
AIA’s scholarship program awards performers on an annual basis for both academic and extracurricular achievements. Scholarship applications are judged on the following criteria: academic excellence, school and community involvement, a letter of recommendation and a personal essay. The AIA scholarship committee with review all applications and select students who stand out in qualities of academic, artistic, and personal achievements.
Applications for 2019 Scholarships must be submitted online through a Google Form NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2019. Scan, attach and email all documents possible. Recommendation and transcripts not able to be scanned should be mailed to: Atlantic Indoor Association, PO Box 639, Knightdale, NC 27545 Attn: Scholarship Committee. All required paperwork must be postmarked no later than March 1, 2019. Incomplete applications and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Applications must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
1. The recipient must be in his/her senior year of high school or already attending a college/university.
2. The recipient must show an accumulated unweighted GPA of no less than 3.0.
3. Awards may be used to fund a variety of post secondary activities including two and four year colleges and vocational programs.
4. The recipient must be an active marching member of a unit who will compete in the current seasons AIA Circuit Championships.
5. Scholarship(s) granted will be paid after January 1 of the following year.
6. The scholarship will be granted for one year only.
7. The award(s) will be announced during the awards ceremonies at AIA Circuit Championships.
The AIA scholarship application window has closed.
Winners will be announced at championships!