Hampton Roads Coliseum – March 28 & 29, 2020
1000 Coliseum Drive, Hampton, VA. 23666
|Schedule of Events|
To see entries, please go to www.competitionsuite.com and click on “event registration” in the left hand column. Click on the number to the right of “registered” to see who is registered.
Schedules are available two Fridays prior to the actual event.
TENTATIVE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE – COLORGUARD – March 28, 2020
TENTATIVE PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE – PERCUSSION/WINDS – March 29, 2020 – updated 3/10/2020
TENTATIVE JUDGES PANEL(s)
|Guard Judges||Percussion/Winds Judges|
|EQ||Elisa Lessard||MUS||Nate Lavy|
|EQ||Michael Vazquez||MUS||Mike Lane|
|MV||Tom Hillenbrand||EM||Adam Weincken|
|MV||Bethany Hajny||EM||Daniel Valadie|
|DA||Kaleena Thompson||VIS||Brandon Cochenour|
|DA||Stephen Alia||VIS||Zack Turner|
|GE||David Richards||EV||Greg Hamilton|
|GE||Dave Priester||EV||Scott Hinds|
|GE||Patrick Leombrone||TP||Bob Daffron|
|GE||Bob Thomas||TP||Trish Lese|
Single Day Ticket Price: $25 (adult 13+) $15 (child age 6-12) Free (child under 5)
Payment Accepted: Cash or Credit Card at the box office OR click the date below to be taken to the Ticketmaster purchase page
AIA North is excited to partner with Grassfield High School for our 2020 Championships at the Hampton Coliseum. If you have already signed up on the sign up genius, please remain on the sign up!! If you haven’t signed up but would like to, please do. All volunteers will be admitted free the day they sign up to volunteer. Thank you for your support and we wish to thank Grassfield High School for partnering with us to bring an excellent 2020 Championship experience to everyone!!
All maps and flows are in one attachment. Venue information provided in the Champs Information link.
Coliseum General Guidelines:
• Alcohol is prohibited at the AIA event.
• Laser pointers are prohibited.
• Selfie sticks are prohibited.
• Smoking is prohibited at Hampton Coliseum. “Smoking” means (1) lighting or burning any type of tobacco, including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, cigarillos, and pipes (2) lighting or burning of non-tobacco plants, incense, spice (or spice like product), or marijuana; and (3) using electronic cigarettes.
• All patrons are subject to search prior to entry.
• No illegal weapons allowed.
• No outside food, beverages, coolers, or bottles allowed.
• Non-professional cameras are permitted for most performances (palm-size or smaller, no detachable lenses). No audio or video recording is permitted for any performance unless otherwise specified. Please refer to event page for event-specific camera policy
Emergency Evacuation Procedures
• Hampton Coliseum personnel have been trained in emergency evacuation procedures to ensure the safe evacuation of all patrons, including those guests with disabilities and special needs. Please pay careful attention to personnel instructions during an evacuation.
Service Animals/Guide Dogs
• Service animals are welcome in Hampton Coliseum and will rest in the seating area of the individual with a disability, rather than in the aisle. Your tickets will be in the wheelchair accessible seating location so there is room for your service animal. We suggest that the individual have proof of certification or a license for the service animal.
Unit Directors and Staff:
Will be responsible for ensuring your performers do not bring prohibited items into the coliseum, and it is imperative you monitor your performers throughout the event. The Coliseum is a big facility and it is very important to keep your unit together to ensure the safety of your performers.
Member unit fundraising efforts are approved free of charge at the coliseum. Minimally priced novelty items are permitted for sale in fundraising efforts; however, no food items are permitted for sale. Please complete the form at the link below and submit it to Nancy.email@example.com no later than February 29, 2020.
Commercial vendors must contact AIA via the email above. Cost for commercial vendors is $500 per day. Vendors must have and must provide a comprehensive liability insurance policy in the amount of $1,000,000. Vendor is also responsible for reporting all sales tax due to the proper taxing authority.
2020 AIA North Color Guard Seeding Procedure
Performance order at championships for color guard units in AIA North for 2020 will be determined by the following methods:
- Classes with fewer than nine units following the end of the promotion period will perform in random order.
- Classes with nine or more units following the end of the promotion period will be seeded by the seeding formula.
- Seeding formula: The unit’s final AIA performance score will be normalized to the final competition weekend’s score. Units competing in the final contest weekend will use that score. If using a score in March, 1.5 points will be added per weekend to reach the final contest date. If using a score in February, 2 points will be added per weekend to reach the final competition date.
- After the units are given a seeding score, the class will be divided into thirds. Each third of the class will be randomized for performance order.
- A draft schedule with unit time slots will be circulated following the end of the promotion period. For the 2020 season, that will follow the March 7 competition.
- The final schedule with actual performance times will be circulated following the end of the regular season competitions. For 2020, that will follow the March 21 competition.
- Units that are promoted and do not receive a score in their new class will be inserted into the middle third of randomization.